|Power||40 MW, in 13,8 KV|
|Partnership||GENRENT DO BRASIL / TECMON|
|Period||OCTOBER/ NOVEMBER – 2009|
Rapid growth of population in Manaus, the significant regional economic growth and industrial development, combined with the district's distance from the Brazilian electricity grid, resulted in large energy shortage. Due to this lack of sufficient energy supply, local population faced with continuous power disruptions and distribution difficulties.
In order to restore power supply reliability, maintain the regional economic growth and industrial development and meet the power demand, an emergency power solution was required.
Our Rapid, Cost-Effective Solution
GenRent planned, constructed and commissioned a 40 MW power plant, including equipment transportation, all within a record-breaking period. GenRent is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of the power plant since it was first connected to the electricity grid.
- land preparation and earthwork
- construction of 1,000m2 metal sheds for the generators
- assembly of the water, fuel and sewage system (including a system for drinking water, sewage, rain and oily water drainage)
- assembly of fire-fighting system (including pressurized hydrants, fire extinguishers, fire-fighting foam system, fire alarm system)
- assembly of 600m3 and 30m3 fuel tanks
- assembly of Equipment: 440VA-13.8KVA Step-Up Transformers, MV Protection Breakers, protection and power distribution boards
- assembly of electrical command and supervision system: including the interconnection with the transmission grid, all through optical fibers and top of the line interfaces
- assembly of comprehensive communication system: for the purposes of communication between the power plant and the transmission grid’s operational center, via satellite and via conventional UTE Manaus system and unity of Energy
- Advanced Control and Monitoring System: the power plant had to attend flexible demand and change of load, be remotely monitored and controlled, operate in conjunction with the power authority and interface with the specific client's protocol. The GenRent's SCADA base control system allows us as operators to monitor and control each generator in the power plant, including engine parameters, fuel system and all main circuit breakers in the substation